Sunday, January 21, 2007

Does anyone have the time?

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'into the future......
Cheyenne & I were talking about time and he was reminding me what an amazing commodity it is. As I work & own a house, the majority of my time is connected to responsibility and the minority of my time is spent on play (though oddly I don’t think of it that way). It’s prompted me to look at my time and how I choose to spend it.

I’m always espousing the virtues of balance and how important that is to me. However upon closer inspection, I’m only examining my ‘after work’ hours and those lack some serious spontaneity! So as I enter the last week of my 45th year on the planet, it will be interesting to see if I can hold this thought and act accordingly. Time will tell……..

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Um...sharon, I slept in and looks like I am running late again, and may not make it to work on TIME!

cammar said...

He will think they you almost the same age, since Colin is not a teenager either...

cammar said...

Nice photo, by the way... you took it?
It doesn't show any age trembling at all!

Sharon said...

Hey Mrs B.....way to hussle and be on time today :-)

Mater-I think we need to distract with a new option. I think between Nancy, GP & me we can send you a few chaps to look over!

Cammar-ya cheeky bastard-you know full well you took this picture!

Sharon said...

Talking of bedtime it’s 9:37pm & hmmmmmmmmmmm I’m tucked in my brand new virgin birthday bed.

Jo & Roge, thanks so much for my first 'opened' birthday card. We all have a little blog community and you are like the nice thoughtful neighbors down the road! I'll drop some cake off for the @*! Italian at #46.....!

Anonymous said...

nice mater - hard to top that one!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Sharon, it's time to post another blog entry!
Hey Mater, the firmness of Sharon's mattress is none of your business!
There are some things mothers shouldn't know about, and I think you're crossing the line here!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mater,

Mattresses, or whatever funny word you call them in the U.K., are for sleeping and keeping cookie crumbs off the floor, not for procreation--that's what the kitchen countertop is for (at least here in New York, look it up). I don't want to hear anymore about your mattress fetish.

cammar said...

excellent...
don't stop, you guys...

Anonymous said...

Ugh!!! You really got me below the belt on that one! Now I really think it's time Sharon posted something else here. And Lorena, or whatever your name is, I hope your feeling of misandry hasn't been passed down to Sharon. I'll be in Maui in a few weeks and I'll be very, very afraid if I see a kitchen knife in your daughter's hands and me in the same room.