Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hot and cold.

With all the intense snow on the mainland and in Northern Europe, I feel a bit sheepish in stating that we have had one of the mildest winters that I can remember. Notoriously the rainy season starts around Christmas, but so far we've had just a couple of precipitous days followed by one gorgeous blue sky after another. Oh Jesus, caught again in weather talk......the English part of me could go on and on, while the American part wants me to STFU!!!!

While my purchased Poinsettias are wilting and ready to be planted, the wild ones are thriving. None more so than the patch opposite Grandma's at the start of Thompson Road. In my tiny mind where plants contests live, these win first prize in the 'redest red competition'. They are so ridiculously vibrant I defy anyone not to feel better just looking at them.

I've always enjoyed being able to see the edge of land, especially if you can see the 'map' in its contours. This lovely view is from Keokea toward the West Maui Mountains.

Meanwhile the surf keeps pumping and dudes like this are in a perpetual state of stoke.

And talking of pumping.... this classic gem comes courtesy of Michelle, as an example of the British doing their best to cope with all the snow! Someone commented "Popping in for a cold one"! Stay warm people.

2 comments:

Sharon's Mum Anne said...

I'm the lucky one being able to look at your pictures and remember holidays past. As always a fun post.

Sharon's Mum Anne said...

Would I enjoy being in a "perpetual state of stoke"? I see this word written and haven't a clue what it's supposed to mean.

My verification word is "copoth" which, to my mind, really should be terribly meaningful!