Friday, January 02, 2009

and finally......

My Bro is a bit of a camera buff and pre-trip he's promised me some time to go over the intricacies of my Canon "should take all of 5 minutes" quipped the cheeky bugger. We wandered around parks and along river banks where there was plenty of picturesque scenery to photograph.

Bridge over the River Wharf.

Spooky tree.

Outhouse or bike shed?

Church at Collingham, St. something or another. 

Anyway, suffice to say we had a blast and as my trip came to a close my best buddy Jules came to pick me up and start the journey back to another Island over 7,200 miles away.


Jules and I were like a couple of giggling ninny's on the M1 as we headed down to London. Goofy stuff just made us laugh, case in point we slowed to 50mph to tail gate a Reliant Robin, or Reliant Rocket as TopGear sees them. However, the trip highlight had to be stopping at the Watford Gap for a wee (another  location of genius vending machine) and road supplies (namely Hula Hoops and Munchies).......just gotta be an ex-pat to appreciate the finer things in life!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Did you leave your borrowed coat at the gate? You won't need it now. Sue and I had a fun time playing with turkeys. For real.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I think those outhouses look like outside privvies or lavvies, as used in the olden days, when one did one's No.1s and No.2s out in the back yard!

Nice post of "home", except it's River Wharfe.......... I didn't correct your spelling when we played Scrabble.

Mater x

Sharon said...

Thanks TG, I think I'm finally back in my body!

Mater: Wharfe....golly gosh you are right again. An outhouse is an outside loo, is that yet another of my American terms?

Anonymous said...

Yup, an outhouse is simply what it says on the tin over here. We also use the term khasie for an outside bog but I have checked the spelling in my OED and cannot find it. However, what I do know is that word comes from the Indian language when the Raj ruled and is yet another that we have bastardised to make our own!!!!

Mater x