Thursday, December 20, 2012

All creatures great and small.


This cheeky chappy has taken a liking to my laundry room. It's safe and warm in there, well almost safe as I trod on him the other day as I entered without knocking. Thankfully we're both fine after the shock!

Being a chameleon this is his brown bag look. 


Crikey Cleo, make yourself at home!


This industrious crab thought he'd hit the jackpot with a whole dorito chip for dinner.


He diligently dragged it all the way to his burrow.....


.....only to have his plan foiled due to engineering difficulties he could not have foreseen.


In other crab challenges,  things didn't bode well for this one as he was at the bottom of the steps from my office. He must have hitched a ride on something to end up there, as he was at least 10 blocks and a busy highway from the beach.  Talk about a crustacean out of water.



Uffff and talking of things out of water, what can I say about this poor girl. Such a speckled beauty to be iced, sliced and diced. There's no question I'd be vegan if I had to buy all the animals I ate this way. 


And while we're on the subject of nuts and berries, if only I lived in a place with squirrels, because this would definitely be my nut feeder  of choice.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to see you posting again.

I battle squirrels all the time and am beginning to think I should just enjoy them for their entertainment value. Where did the squirrel head come from? I would pay good money for that.

Women Health Care India said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Eh?

Sharon said...

Ask and ye shall receive! http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-Big-Head-Squirrel-Feeder/dp/B008C0OBCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356195363&sr=8-1&keywords=squirrel+head+feeder

Leedslass said...

Lucky you finding that dorrito-tugging crab. Hope he revived himself by eating that crisp. I like squirrels too - I have a bird feeder stuck to my window and the little pests have found a way to somehow jump on to my window and eat the birdseed! How they hang on, Lord only knows.