Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A bit left of center.

This was me today, feeling a bit ropey with a wicked sore throat so I took the day off to hang around, sleep and remain speechless.

There's been a lot of this going on, endless cups of warm this, that and the other. Then I read on the Internet that orange juice and cayenne pepper gargled for 15 minutes are a sure cure. Let me underscore for those who've not tried it that's a long time, so to amuse myself I gargled various show tunes and the British national anthem which (if I say so myself) was not a bad rendition.

Praps I should take a leaf out of my young friend Tess's book and sit in a small cupboard in a pink tutu with my back to the world until the storm blows over?

And finally,  on Sunday in a spectacular act of willpower, one of my freckles finally said “enough is enough” and off it went.........in to the great wide open, under them skies of blue, out in the great wide open, a freckle without a clue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That freckle looks more like a worm - are you sure it's a run away freckle?

I only knew Tess as a bump in her Mummy's tummy on my last visit.
That is such a little girl pose sitting with her back to the camera and definitely not coming out to play until SHE's ready.
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm going in the garden eating worms, long thin slimy ones, short fat stubby ones, oogly googly worms so sang we girl guides some sixty years ago but it immediately came into my memory seeing Tess having a tantrum.

Hope the throat has recovered from the concoction that you threw down it. Your mother's advice for a sore throat would be to pour boiling water into a bowl, cover your head with a towel and simply inhale the vapour. Tasteless, odourless and cheap -BUT it works.

Mater x