Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Read all about it.

Over the weekend our book club held its annual gathering of intellect, astuteness and buffoonery, The official thinly guised reason for this revelry is the picking our reading list for the up coming year, of course we all know the real incentive to eat, drink and be merry!

Having missed Friday nights highlight of competitive Abba induced drunken aerobics I was delighted to be included in Saturday morning’s group advil handout!

I call this work of art ‘Rude Food’ by Nancy Robberson.
It seemed especially apropos as we were discussing ‘Middlesex’ by Jefferey Eugenides with an intersexed protagonist! One is left wondering what exactly are they putting in the water in Wailea?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one who has Middlesex on your recommendation - let me pass on a good choice for anyone who enjoys a "different" novel.

Sharon, how come you're always leader in the naughty girls' club?

Mater x

Sharon said...

Nancy did it-I just recorded for posterity!

Anonymous said...

These ladies are cute - and they can read! wow! are any of them single?

Anonymous said...

My daughter is - let me have all your particulars and I'll vet you first :-)

Trust your Ma's judgement Sharon.

Mater x