Sunday, November 29, 2009

The way I see it.

Upon waking this morning, my thoughts arose in the following order: "What a good sleep", "I think it's still early?", "yeah-I'm off today", "gotta pee", "wow-look at the moon", and (with ablutions completed) I slipped on my dressing gown and stepped outside for a digital moment.

Meanwhile, I was putting petrol in at the Shell station a few days ago and noticed I had company. As I stood there squeezing fuel with my left hand, my right brain was trying to figure out how to photograph my companions impressive shadow. Like a giant paparazzi I obnoxiously kneeled down right in her face and she quickly started advancing toward the shade. Before she made it this was the best shot I got.

At the back of Savers I was dropping off some old clothes and was momentarily mesmerized with joy at this simple and slightly asymmetrical vision.

MACC glass surrounds the parking lot trees and can often be found laying benignly in your parking space. Despite it's smoothed edges (and being the big girl that I am) I still avoid sitting my truck on top of it.

The Maui convertible. Shaka to you too Brah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant observations - well done you:-)

My comment re. the critter is "what big eyes you've got" and legs only a mother could love!
Only you could see beauty in a ton of old coathangers but a thing of beauty it surely is.

That's my girl :-)

Mater x

Mchumbie said...

Proof positive that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anonymous said...

Love the mantis photo! Fantastic!

Ely

Unknown said...

These are all very good. You have an excellent "Eye". Cool Mantis, interesting glass beads. Maui must be a wonderful place to live.

Sharon said...

How lucky am I to have such gracious and loyal fans. I would blog even if you weren't there (to exercise my creative muscle), but I really appreciate that you show up and say 'Hello'! Grazie mille.

Anonymous said...

Keep on blogging daughter - your and TG's sites are my first port of call every morning :-)

I'm only adding a comment cos my verification word is the Latin for bottom "ANNUS"!!!!!!! I know full well it's actually "year" but just wanted to type the word...... How sad am I?